Configure the Repository
- Open R.
- If you haven’t already, install the
usethis R package.
usethis::use_github_actions(). This should create a directory called
.github/ as well as a
- Use the attached
DESCRIPTION file. Ensure there is a “cre”
- In the root directory of the repository open the config.yml file
- Change the repo name to that for your project. This should be the GitHub user
or organization name followed by the repository name. You can get this by
removing the “https://github.com/" from the url for your repository.
- Change the deploy email and username. These values will identify the user
that is shown as making the automated commits. Generally you want these to be
different from your user account so it is clear which commits are
automated. You don’t need a GitHub account for this user, this is just the
name and email that will appear in the commit log.
- Commit and push these changes to your GitHub repository.